There have been some big changes in our household within the last couple of weeks so I thought I'd better update our blog.
Ryan and I are now currently living in Maidstone with Ryan's parents, we spent the summer with my family in Colchester however with Ryan starting back at uni this week we had to move closer to make it easier for him. Due to this re-location I had to change jobs. We were trying to juggle both of our commitments but it just wasn't working and something had to give so alas it had to be my job.
We had big plans to buy our own place this summer in his University town. So we were so excited when we found our perfect place. Everything was falling into place and our offer was accepted. We had even decided exactly how we were decorating and what was going where because we were convinced it was ours. However 3 weeks later, the day we were flying out of the country, we were told that they had accepted a higher offer and we were no longer in the running. We were devastated!
However, everything happens for a reason and we can honestly say that since that has fallen through everything is still looking up for us. Ok, we may be homeless and living with parents and I am currently jobless. But Ryan has successfully started his 3rd year and we couldn't be more blessed to have families that are willing to step in, in times of need. This will give us some more time to save and to hopefully work out exactly where we want to be and what we want to be doing.
It has also worked out perfectly for me because for a long time now I have wanted to start working on my own projects but have just never found the time to dedicate to it but now I have all the time I could possibly want and so I'm progressing with that - I'll give you more details shortly!
Ryan is still very much loving his university course and we are so excited that he has finally entered his final year. Although we still don't have solid plans for when he graduates just the fact that he completes his degree in approximately 6 months is so exciting for us!
We have been so busy this summer with 2 holidays (yes, we like to treat ourselves when Ryan's not in uni), 3 family weddings (one of which we couldn't attend), 2 hen do's, 2 house moves, the olympics and lots of fun in between. We have also had sicknesses - due to those 2 holidays. We have had a baby announcement (my brother and sister in law are expecting No. 3) and juggling 3 callings between us.
I wouldn't want it any other way.
Here's some pictures of our Summer 2012:

No comments:
Post a Comment