Friday, 14 January 2011

Blood Brothers & Fine Dining

I bought my parents theatre tickets for Christmas. It took me a while to decide what show to send them to. They have seen lots of the important 'have-to-sees'. I eventually decided on 'Blood Brothers'. My parents were thrilled when they opened their gift on Christmas morning. My mum and dad still love to go on dates and especially love it when they are forced to have a big night out. I enjoy treating them to nights out because I enjoy knowing that my parents still love each other's company. It's something I hope to enjoy in my future married life.
And this is where the tricky part starts.. I pre-booked the tickets, so seats were booked, tickets were booked. My mum wrote their date night into their calendar. All was well. Until the night before I casually reminded my parents of their big night out - to which they stood silently staring at each other. My mum had written down the wrong date!!! They couldn't make it.
To cut a long story short... (there wasn't much left of it anyway!) Ryan and I took the tickets and had an amazing time at the Phoneix Theatre watching Blood Brothers, which luckily neither of us had seen.
It was brilliant! Sadly, not my favourite show but nonetheless we both really enjoyed it. Our seats were good too (nothing but the best for the parents ;) )
Here's the only two pictures we took of us that evening in the theatre - courtesy of Ryan's phone because he left his camera in the car by mistake :(



We were a little rushed for time before the show because I got out of work later than expected.. so our romantic meal found us in good old McDonalds. Ronald is deffo our life saver with his instant burgers!

However we made up for this lack of exquiste cuisine the following night when we cashed in our Christmas Present Restaurant Voucher at the gorgeous, quaint, family run restaurant 'Bella Pais'.
Can you guess what style of cuisine they offer? Nope, not Italian which is what I originally thought. It's Greek!

We ordered so much food. I was full before my main had even reached the table. I ordered the waiters favourite (plus I had recommendations). I got Beef Stroganoff. Ryan ordered the steak (basically a whole cow):
Food was so good. Company was great. Night was amazing and probably the funniest time in my whole life.
Side note: Our dates are so legendery! Too too funny!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you!! I can tell that you are really happy with Ryan and it makes me really excited for you. :) Sad that your parents couldn't use the tickets, but at least they got used!!

    ReplyDelete