This post was prompted by a slumber party that I had with these two:
Because I know my time left at home is very short, precious times with my sisters is so important to me. I keep trying to tell myself that planning can wait, organising can wait (although my OCD doesn't help with this) so that I can try and make the most of the time I have left at home. This is one of the main reasons I gave up working in the evenings. Although I miss the extra money, I know I can't wish this time back so I need to make the most of it. Which I haven't been too great at! But I hope to be better!
I know it sounds quite drastic... i'm not dying and I know that I will most probably see my family regularly but what I also know is visiting is not the same as living. I may not get opportunities to sneak into my little sister's bed one night, Or to grab covers and decide to all sleep in the living room together, Or make popcorn and watch a late night movie, Or make midnight trips to Sainsbury's for whole chickens and pineapples or crackers and cheese and stuff ourselves silly until it's bedtime.
It does make me sad that those moments may not happen as often in the future (don't get me wrong... i'm very sure this will still all happen, just with my little hubby in tow!)
Anyway - my point is, life is so short so I keep trying to remind myself what the important things are. And from today onwards I'm going to try harder to make the most of sissy time and to try and not let silly things get in the way of precious time.
ps. I know the title of this post indicates that I am soley talking about just my sisters, but this post is also in regards to my lil' bro and my rents too!


:) I'm glad you are taking time to enjoy this phase of your life. It's so easy to wish the time away. We got your beautiful invite in the mail the other day!! So wish we could come! xx
ReplyDeleteI really wish that I had sisters. I'd be happy with just one sister actually. Brothers aren't too bad though...xo
ReplyDelete