My dream for a very long time has been to visit the city of New York.
It seemed as though almost everyone I knew had already been and I was missing out. I have expressed these thoughts to Ryan on many many occassions so when the opportunity was given to us... of course I jumped at it.
Basically this post will explain to you my side of the story.
2 weeks ago, I was visiting Ryan's ward. After sacrament meeting was done Suzanne Urie approached me (this is Ryan's best friends mum) - she needed to speak to Ryan and I after church. I was a little concerned wondering what on earth she would need to speak to both of us about... I was wondering and kind of panicking about this all day. As soon as church was over, I found Ryan and headed straight to find Suzanne.
She said that her husband was doing some work in the USA and was flying over to the East Coast later that week for a conference he was running. He needed some extra help on the Saturday (As in 6 days time). His sons who would usually accompany him couldn't make it at such short notice and so he wanted Ryan and I to fly over. Ummmmm I didn't even need to think about it - but Ryan wasn't so sure. Ryan has just started uni, so to take 2 days off seemed quite a chore. But it was New York so how could we possibly say no?!
We eventually decided we would 'think about it' that evening. As soon as we got home we checked Ryan's schedule to make sure he had no major exams or lectures... he didn't!
So Ryan text Suzanne to let her know the good news, the most amazing news, we would go to New York!!! I was a tad over-excited about this and the planning started straight away. We got a few more details from Suzanne that night (days we were flying, when we needed to work, what we would be doing for work and we organised somewhere to stay). It was really happening and in just 4 days time.
Monday evening Ryan came over to mine for FHE. We played some games with my family and Sterling and Christine too (deal or no deal, my fav!) ate some lovely chinese food and planned our weekend away together.
The rest of the week was just full of giddyness from me.. I think I was completely packed by Tuesday and I was researching New York and things we could do and places we could eat every minute I had free. This was going to be the best trip ever - and I get to go with my favourite boy. Perfect? Deffo!
and then... :)
ReplyDelete