Friday, 27 May 2011

Moments to Remember..

For the past few months, along with the support from parents, grandparents, siblings and my fiance, I have been preparing for this moment.
This moment happened last Saturday, May 21st. It happened surrounded by the most amazing people on this planet, in Surrey and at 10:30am.... actually it was more like 8:30am.
Can you guess what this moment was?


I went through the Temple for the very first time.
As a young LDS girl you dream of the day that you are allowed to use the 'big' entrance, the day you get to go inside... like really inside, & the day you get to marry your true love. I have now completely completed that dream. Just one more step to go.
I am so thankful for having the most amazing experience I could of had. I had so many wonderful people around me, helping me, teaching me and guiding me through. My mum and I shared a moment as we walked up the steps to the front door - this was it. I stood staring at the door before going in. It was a bit of a surreal moment for me but I felt ready. We entered through the door together. Both a little apprenhensive. Both a little nervous. Both with very different reasons.

Later that morning, the lady escorting my mum and I, told me she would re-acquaint me with my fiance in just a couple of minutes. I hadn't seen him all morning. I was nervous. I am never nervous about seeing Ryan but today I was super nervous.. and super excited.
The next thing that happened - I have no other way to explain it other than when I saw Ryan - I knew right then, if I hadn't already received my confirmation, that Ryan was my soul mate. The one I truly was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. His cute little beaming face greeted me as I entered. I wished right then that we could just freeze that moment so that I could take a picture or just so that I could truly remember those feelings forever - which is why i'm writing it down. He is perfect. Perfect for me.
This experience also showed me that my Father in heaven completely and personally knows me. That he loves me more than I can even comprehend and knows everything I need. He knew I needed Ryan.
I feel so overwhelmed by the love that I have been shown by family and friends. I truly am grateful for everyone's support, love and advice. Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you.
I am especially grateful to my Grandparents for having the patience to teach me each week and the unconditional love that they show me, even through my moments of immaturity and lack of understanding.

The rest of our weekend was filled with family, fun & lots and lots of food.

Did I mention that these gorgeous babes came to visit? (see below) Did I mention that they completely didn't tell me and gave me the best surprise? Did I mention that these are my favourites?


Also, I <3 Sundays that consist of lazy mornings, church, a chinese banquet, sunshine, bundles of laughs, 10 mile walks, Uno & counsinly heart 2 hearts. They are my favourite. I would love them more often please!
We also got to see this other babe:

Olly Murs has always been a favourite. Firstly, he's an Essex boy. Sceondly, he is such a naturally great entertainer.
Ryan, Laura, Dan & Myself all went to see Olly on his first UK tour last night. We loved it. He has such a contagious charisma about him. He had the whole audience on their feet the whole time. From grannies, to your typical teenage girl, to young children both girl & boy, to grown men... all up dancing, singing along and loving it.
Thank you Olly Murs for a great night. We'll be sure to check you out again soon!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love. I'm so glad you were able to have such an amazing experience going through the temple for your first time! :) You guys are the cutest couple and we wish we were coming to see you wed :( But know that we'll be there in heart. :) Love ya! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. Going through the temple is such a magical moment. Savour it and soon you'll be back.. to be sealed :D its amazing!

    ReplyDelete