Tuesday, 6 September 2011

My Husband & I

Since the last time I blogged my life has completely changed.
(Warning: long post alert!)

I spent my first night alone since being married. Ryan was working away overnight in Leeds. It's amazing to me that 9 weeks ago I was wondering how on earth I was going to manage sharing my bed every night and now I'm uncomfortable with the thought of me sleeping alone. I missed him a little too much.
Anyway I thought I would use it as an excuse to have a little catch up session and blog about the crazy events of the past 9 weeks of our lives.

.:: 25th June 2011
We got MARRIED!
Saturday 25th June 2011 marked the start of our journey together. The day was perfect. Every detail added to the atmosphere of the day. We loved being able to share our love with all of our family and friends. We are so grateful for the support and love we felt during the best day of our lives. We made so many happy memories and had so much fun, we couldn't have asked for anything more.






.:: 25th June 2011
Ryan & I were sealed in the London Temple on the every same day. We have worked so hard together and individually to help us reach this sacred moment. It is an undescriable feeling reaching our goal.. together. There is no feeling more peaceful and celestial than being sealed as Husband and Wife in the House of the Lord. I loved being able to share that experience with Ryan. It will be a memory that we won't be able to forget and we honestly can't wait to spend eternity together.




.:: 26th June 2011
We left for our paradiscal honeymoon on Sunday June 26th 2011. Ryan & I feel so blessed to have been given such a generous wonderful wedding gift.. our honeymoon. My boss booked our honeymoon and we had NO idea where we were going.... until that night. It was a surprise that nobody knew apart from my boss.
As we were leaving for our hotel at the end of the night, I started panicking thinking we should really know by now where we were going, but no. No hints or clues were given, nothing!
(Although I was panicking slightly, I also loved how adventurous it made me feel, I'm not incredibly adventurous in my own right but this was forcing me to be - and I liked it!)
We got to the hotel and headed straight to reception. Ryan had booked the hotel so when we were greeted with huge congratulations - we had no idea who told them we had just got married (we had both changed out of our wedding get-up by this point too).
Until the man at the desk, said he had received a call from one of our guests to say that we had to look inside my suitcase once we got to our room... It had to be our honeymoon documents.. I was hoping anyway. We were so excited.
Upon returning to our room, we opened up my suitcase and sitting inside were 2 tickets to.... Barbados!
Here's a sneaky peek :) Hello Paradise!





We have since started back at work – both of us working full time until Ryan starts back at uni within the next 4 weeks. Ryan was promoted at work and is enjoying his new manager role. He is amazing and tries so hard to be the best he can and provide for our home. It does mean he has to travel a lot which means long days for him and longs nights for me – hence my spare time but I am so proud of him.

Ryan has also expanded his DJing and now has a website up and running so the DJ gigs are coming in, thick and fast.



Ryan and I have had lots of our closest friends tie the knot this summer. We have attended 4 weddings since our own in June. We have loved being able to share those special days with those special people. We can’t wait to now have lots of newlyweds to spend our time with.



We had our first family holiday this summer. We travelled to Spain for 11 days and enjoyed 32 degree weather everyday – eating lovely food, lots of ice-cream, going to water parks, playing card games, sunbathing by the pool and lots of antics. We had an amazing time and can’t wait to plan our holiday for next year!





We have been spending lots of time together, seeing each other every day is a blessing that we are thankful for everyday.







We are now anxiously/desperately trying to find a new apartment to move to before Ryan starts back at Canterbury University in October. Our current location, although a perfect set up, is much too far for Ryan to drive to Canterbury every day. We have looked at so many apartments and just hope that our perfect place pops up soon.

We are loving life!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. :) I loved reading about all the events of the last couple months for you guys. Your wedding looked gorgeous! I'm so glad you have enjoyed going on lots of holidays and spending time together this summer. Maybe your next holiday can be to South Bend, IN :) haha. Love ya! xx

    ReplyDelete