Friday, 30 September 2011

Zumba!!

I attended a Zumba class last week for the first time with my older sister.
It is such an easy, fun way to keep fit. It really got my heart rate going and I was definitely working up a sweat just 10 minutes in. We absolutely loved it and had a real laugh the whole way through.

Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance-fitness work out. It is a form of exercise that has become increasingly popular in the last year or so.. in fact it has taken the world (or at least the UK) by storm, becoming the most popular class in almost every gym and health centre across the country and now I can see why.

I would definitely return again and would love to know the steps off by heart so that I would look as good as some of the other pupils in the class – they really knew how to sway their hips. Don’t get me wrong – you don’t need to be a world class dancer to enjoy it or to do it. There were people of all shapes, sizes and abilities. And come on – I was doing it.

Anyway if you haven’t already tried this – I encourage you to do it!!! I have even been looking at some of our new local gyms and have vowed that I will only join if they provide a Zumba class at least once a week.

Here’s a couple of video's to give you some idea of what it looks like (No, it's not us!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAn6dkX8Ejk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGuIKMK9D90&feature=related

Some of them do make me laugh!

In other news:
Ryan & I are officially moving into our 1st (technically 2nd) apartment. We move next Wednesday and we couldn't be any more excited about it.
I'm not excited about moving further away from home, in fact, it's quite a sad time for me. Packing up my room seems a bit over whelming so I just keep putting it off. Going out on my own without my mum and dad right next to me is a scary thought, throw in a new ward, new area & new friends.
But at the same time, they are all the things we are most looking forward to as well.
We can't wait to experience the change in scenery, to enjoy getting to know our new ward and visiting new places. We feel like we're finally going to be starting our new life together. We will now actually have to cook and clean for ourselves... unless my mum still wants to do that of course ;)

We couldn't be happier about the place we found either. It's just a one bed apartment but it is seriously PERFECT for us. We have been enjoying the experiences of buying furniture recently too. Ryan and I have actually become obsessed with buying furniture and trying to find new bargains. We have been so lucky so far in all of our purchases, which has saved us alot of money.

We get the keys next Wednesday but we won't be doing the big move till the weekend... pictures will follow!!

Here's to the next chapter of our lives!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! We miss family, but it's really good to get out on your own too. I can't wait to see pictures of your apartment! :) xx

    ReplyDelete