Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Want a Roman Bath?

We had a free weekend this weekend with NO plans, which has been pretty rare for us of late. 

I got home from work, we had dinner and then I asked Ryan what he wanted to do for the evening as we had the whole evening to ourselves.
Ryan just replied ‘Pack your bags for the weekend’... I thought he was joking. But he wasn’t. He had booked a weekend away for us in Bath to redeem my birthday spa voucher. I was super surprised and so excited. So we quickly packed up the car and within an hour we were hitting the road. I loved the spontaneity about the whole weekend. Ryan had only booked the hotel and spa just hours before I returned from work.


We got to Bath about 11:30pm that night. Ryan had booked us a brilliant hotel just 5 miles from Bath. I woke up bright and early the next day, much to Ryan’s dismay; I couldn’t back get back to sleep because I just wanted the day to start. I finally managed to get Ryan up with me and we were ready for Breakfast by about 9am.


That afternoon we went to Bath Thermae Spa’s. The Spa was amazing!!!!! It was so relaxing and just lovely to spend some time with each other overlooking Bath in their rooftop pool. We had lots of fun.. And lots of laughs at some of the people we were sharing our spa day with. 



Bath is a gorgeous city with so many amazing buildings and lots of history. We enjoyed just walking around the shops, looking at the sights and listening to the street entertainment... despite the rain!








Later that evening we went out for dinner at ‘Jamie’s Italian’. You can’t book a table in this restaurant; you just have to turn up and wait to be seated. Luckily we got there at quite a good time and only waited about 20mins. By the time we had been seated; the queue was all the way down the street!!!  We both chose Pasta (seen as it was an Italian restaurant, it only seemed right!). We loved it. The restaurant has such a great atmosphere and the food is seriously delish. You can really see the influence of Jamie Oliver too... even just with all the waiters in jeans. The homemade lemonade was a massive hit too! 






We left Bath on Sunday afternoon after attending a very friendly ward and some more sightseeing Oh! And some more good food!
We can’t wait to have another weekend break – we love them!!



xxx

1 comment: